Monday, November 8, 2010

ihcpl #66:hobbies: knitting and crocheting

I would like to make all three items: a prayer shawl, a chemo hat, and a lap blanket. I don't knit or crochet, but it sounds very relaxing, and the reason that I would like to make all three of these things, is that it would be a very different and valuable experience for each one. Also, it would help a soldier, a chemotherapy patient, and it would really be rewarding to think that you were helping someone with something that you had hand made. We do not have a knitting or crocheting group at Kingwood. There is a private one that meets, but it is not among the employees. I guess that I would start with spreading the word around about the class, pick a good time for everyone, email everyone, and get ideas from other employees as to what they would want the group to consist of. If we ever have time, I think that it would be a very good thing to do.

No comments: