Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#65:Crafts & hobbies: Coin collecting

I really enjoyed the coin collecting ihcpl. I found several dealers of coins in our area by going to "google maps: coin dealers." I found several in Humble, which is really close to my home. I found "Regal gold buyers" which deals only in coins; "Houston Precious metals" in Houston, which deals in other things as well as coins; "Gold exchange" in Humble(coin dealers); "The coin shop" in Spring, Texas, which handles coins, supplies & etc., and "Eagle numismatics" coin dealers specifically. I also took out 2 pennies, 1 nickel, and 1 dime from my drawer, and searched them on "historical image library." I found that the pennies were just normal pennies with Abraham Lincoln on them. These were from 1989 to 2009. The nickel was a 2008 nickel with Thomas Jefferson on it. It was dated 2006, and he was 57 years old and vice-president when he appeared on the coin. The dime was a 2002 dime. It first appeared in 1946, and had Franklin Delano Roosevelt on it. This was a very interesting experience. I also found some coin dealers in the state of Texas on google maps. Most of them were in Dallas, one was in Beaumont, and one in Houston. So there are many dealers if you want to search them. Overall, this was a very interesting experience.

No comments: