Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ihcpl Crafts & hobbies: #62:decpouge

I have not yet done a decoupage, but it seems like a lot fun, and the research I did on it leads me to believe that if I ever get time, I would like to decoupage something. I was very surprised that there were so many things that you could decoupage. First of all, I know the materials that you need: white glue(mod podge), object you want to decoupage, wrapping paper, magazines, wallpaper, origami paper, scissors, x-acto or utility knife, paint brush, popsicle stick, and polyurethane sealer. These seem like simple enough items to purchase. I went on "Flickr" to view the decoupages that were done. Four of my favorites on that site were "beautiful blue cups with ladybugs on them; an angel (cinjinho para decoupage that was a beautiful red and gold color; target Tuesday decoupage buttons, and decoupage servithentochnik Marina 6899. These were several Christmas items(beaufiful bottles, a Church, an Angel). They were beautiful colors. The "etsy" site had four items I really liked: a LaBelle necklace, Hoops earings, a bluebird turquoise patina, and e for eggs plates. The colors of these were beautiful. The last site I visited was google. There were some unique poster chairs on this site which looked fascinating. I never dreamed that you could use decoupage on so many things! I am sure that I would enjoy decoupaging as a hobby from viewing these sites.

No comments: