Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ihcpl Crafts & hobbies: #64:zines

I believe I would like to make a zine on cats(one of my favorite subjects). I would start with some pictures of different breeds of cats, then I would discuss the characteristics of the different breeds. I would like to use colored paper and a special spiral-binding machine, needle, and thread to put my zine together. I would just start with maybe four pages, then work up to more pages in my next zine. Searching for information on cats for the zine would be interesting and informative. I could learn some new things to help my out of control cats. I believe that zines would be appropriate inside the library, but they would need to be put in a special section in my opinion. They could encourage the would-be-writer who likes to write for fun. This, I believe, fits well in today's blog world because it could get inspiring writers together to share ideas. It might also be the discovery tool for an up and coming future novelist.

No comments: