Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ihcpl: Searching #75: google and beyond

I searched three entries in "blindsearch." The first subject that I searched was "Haiti." I was looking for information on the very recent earthquake in Haiti. Column #2 in blindsearch gave me the most information on the earthquake. The two headline entries that I went into were "Haiti news. headlines and latest stories on yahoo! news. I got quite a lot of very recent information on the earthquake. The other one I searched was "Haiti-salon.com. It also gave me good information. The second quiery I made was on "cats." Column #1 gave me the most information on cats: their care, behavior, and actions. The two items I looked under were "cats. cat adoption: cat care at cats.com. This gave a lot about cat health, behavior and feeding. The second entry I looked at was "about cats-all about cats and kittens-cat care-cat behavior. The third quiery I made was on the economy. Column "3 gave me the most on information on what I was looking for. This was information on jobs, public opinion on the economy, any improvement, current and future outlooks for the economy. I looked under "economic news and job reports-CNN money.com" and "economy.com. Moodys reporting on economy."

No comments: