Thursday, January 14, 2010

ihcpl #75: google and beyond

I went to all three search engines and tried several quieries on them. In "google" I tried a search on the local weather. It gave me good information and the weather radar map. I also searched the weather on "yahoo" and "bing." I think that google and yahoo had the most information on the local weather. I also searched the Haiti earthquake. All three search engines had a great deal of information, most of it up to date. It also gave information on where to give aid, and what aid efforts were being made. I didn't know that these search engines would have the sports scores for football games on them. That was great. I also did a search of all the Catholic churches in Houston, and it gave extensive information. These were things that I would not have thought to look up on any of these search engines. It was also to interesting to see a calculator on google and yahoo.

No comments: