Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week 9: Lesson 22: Downloadable Media

I can see how this site would be very entertaining and useful to many patrons. If you use and are on the internet a lot and would rather do things from the comfort of your home, then it is probably a gold mine. It offers many books and audio media that patrons would be very interested in viewing and downloading. It opens a whole new world for them. With the cost of everything going up and gasoline skyrocketing, it will be a blessing to many patrons. I personally, do not spend time outside of work on the internet so I would probably not use this site. But I did find many titles of interest to me that were offered. A few of them were: "Marley and Me," "Parish Priest," "All Creatures Great and Small," "Symptoms of withdrawal," and "365 Easy One-dish Meals" to name just a few. The selection is very good. I don't know how to compare the library site with a free site because I have never been on a free site. But I would think it would be very comparable and user friendly.

No comments: